[hobbit] using bbgen

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 31 17:57:54 CET 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 10:51:21AM -0600, Daniel J McDonald wrote:
> I'm trying to port bbmap to hobbit - there have been a lot of hard-coded
> little things that needed cleaning, but I'm about 65% of the way
> there...
>
> The most recent is the ability to pop up a page created by bbgen.  My
> script currently reads:
> #!/bin/sh
[snip]
> ${BBHOME}/bin/bbgen --hobbitd --template=${TEMPLATE} --embedded 2>/dev/null

The easiest way of getting the standard environment passed to bbgen
is probably to add the option "--env=${BBHOME}/etc/hobbitserver.cfg"

> I get an error that it can't figure out the variable MACHINE, but there
> is no more bbdef file, so.... how do you set the environment in the new
> hobbit world?

The "--env" option will make sure MACHINE is set.

> I don't know what --embedded was supposed to do either...

It's an option that tells bbgen to only generate a single webpage,
and output it to stdout instead of saving it to a file. It was
written for bbmap, actually, since it uses bbgen as a CGI script.

Hmm - it isn't in the man-page, it should be. Will fix.