[hobbit] Alert delays

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Sat Jan 29 19:55:01 CET 2005

Ok, the alerts are driving me mad. What I would like to do is send out a
  mail/page for any alert that turns red and is red for 15 minutes or
longer.  I assumed DURATION>15 would work?  DURATION>15m results in
rather large number by the way that may indicate a bug, 'h' works and
leaving off 'm' seems to parse OK.  None of these work, and there is
nothing in ~/log/page.log.  Here are our rules and a dump.

COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=8h

SERVICE=conn,procs,disk,vmem EXHOST=dante,cayhp2,cayhp3
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=8h DURATION>15

HOST=dante,cayhp2,cayhp3 COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody-different at somehost.com REPEAT=1d

HOST=nmsbb-get SERVICE=pri-1 COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=8h DURATION<29

COLOR=red
         SCRIPT /export/home/rbaldwin/hobbit.sh

hobbit at nmsbb-get ~/server> ./bin/bbcmd --env=etc/hobbitserver.cfg
hobbitd_alert --dump-config

COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=480

EXHOST=dante,cayhp2,cayhp3 SERVICE=conn,procs,disk,vmem
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=480 DURATION>15

HOST=dante,cayhp2,cayhp3 COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody-different at somehost.com REPEAT=1440

HOST=nmsbb-get SERVICE=pri-1 COLOR=red
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=480 COLOR=red DURATION<29

COLOR=red

We don't mind re-simplyfying just for paging on ALL red alarms that are
RED for 15 minutes or longer and wacking all the other rules that do not
work.  Thanks for any help.

~ David Gore