[hobbit] Still having problems with apache keyword in bb-hosts

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Jan 28 11:01:44 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 10:19:29PM -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
>

>>I am still unable to get the elusive apache1-apache3 graphs to display.
>>
>>Here's my relavant bb-hosts entries"
>>paeg WEB Web Sites
>>1.2.3.4    www.mysite.com        # noconn http://www.mysite.com
>>apache=http://1.2.3.4/server-status?auto
>>LARRD:*,apache:apache1|apache2|apache3
>>

>Do you have an apache.rrd file in ~/data/rrd/www.mysite.com/ ?

Yep:  -rw-r--r--    1 hobbit   other      114492 Jan 28 02:56 apache.rrd

>If you do, then the graphs should show up on the "trends" page after a
>while; the "trends" page is updated every 15 minutes by default so it
>may take a while after you change the bb-hosts file for the new graphs
>to show up.

It's been in the bb-hosts file for a few hours and still no apache
column, nor extra graphs in the http column status page.

>If not, then there's a problem with the data collection. But your
>bb-hosts entry looks right, and it seems your server sends the right
>data.

How do we troubleshoot this? I checked the apache server logs and the
access log shows that Hobbit is hitting the server-status url.  Is there
some way to manually query data from the apache.rrd file to see if it
has anything in it?

-Charles