[hobbit] Valid alerts decleration?

Bruce Lysik blysik at shutterfly.com
Thu Jan 27 23:06:55 CET 2005

> > A related question: if hobbit-alerts.cfg is modified, does hobbit
> >  automatically pick up the new version, or is a restart required?
>
> Restart's are evil - they disrupt things. Configuration changes will
> be picked up automatically - at least when the next alert happens.

Excellent.  Of course now I've found a problem...

My test hobit-alerts.cfg:

$HG-TEST=host01|host02

HOST=$HG-TEST
        SCRIPT /opt/bb/server/ext/email bruce_mail
        MAIL blysik at shutterfly.com

And then I run the dump config:

-bash-2.05b$ ./bin/bbcmd --env=etc/hobbitserver.cfg hobbitd_alert --dump-config
HOST=
        SCRIPT /opt/bb/server/ext/email bruce_mail FORMAT=SCRIPT REPEAT=30
        MAIL blysik at shutterfly.com REPEAT=30

Shouldn't there be some hosts showing up after HOST= ?

--
Bruce Z. Lysik  <blysik at shutterfly.com>
Operations Engineer