Using DU during disk space alert

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Thu Jan 27 14:01:28 CET 2005

Hi

A mere suggestion.

For connection if ping fails the traceroute kicks in to give more
details about the alert. Can we have same thing with disk space alert?

In other words if df shows a partition reached the threshold percentage
run du to give more details about which dir/folder under that partition
is the biggest folder. Also may be an option to define the level of
search. So if I choose level 2 it will not only find the biggest
dir/folder/file under the partiton using "du -sk *" but it will then go
to next level to find the biggest dir/folder/file under this biggest
dir/folder.

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu