vmstat graphing with CPU io wait

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Mon Jan 24 19:19:32 CET 2005

My old BB setup has a customized vmstat-larrd.pl script which allows for
  variations in vmstat output based on the version of procps.  In other
words, it compensates for the fact that RHEL3 and old red hat linux
systems have vmstat output who's column ordering doesn't match up.

So I'd like to bring some of those vmstat changes into my new hobbit
setup, most notably the ability to plot CPU wait for IO (wa) alongside
user, system & idle time, but poking around in hobbitgraph.cfg doesn't
reveal an easy way to do it.

Any tips on how I might accomplish this?

Tom