[hobbit] hosts still disappear

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 20 07:32:39 CET 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:34:40AM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:
[hobbitd hangs]
> 0xb7584416 in semop () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

OK, this is interesting. hobbitd uses a technique called "semaphores"
to synchronize the communication between hobbitd and the
hobbitd_channel processes. hobbitd being stuck doing a "semop" call
indicates that it got into a deadlock situation, where hobbitd is
waiting for one of the hobbitd_channel children to finish, but it
never signals that it has completed.

This is a different kind of bug than I had expected.

I'll have to think about how to handle that.