[hobbit] pagesets with hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 28 07:36:58 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 10:02:01PM -0800, Brian Lynch wrote:
> Has anyone ported their pagesets from BB to hobbit yet?  I'm looking
> for the best place to set up the config that used to exist in
> bb-display.sh... I've done some heavy customization in BB using
> different headers, blocking services, etc. and I'm curious to see how
> it will fit in the hobbit framework cleanly.  Any ideas?

Since you're talking about pagesets, I assume you've been using bbgen
before.

The simplest way of porting that over would be to keep using the
bb-display.sh file you have now, and just run that from
hobbitlaunch.cfg instead of the "bbgen" command in the [bbdisplay]
task. You only need to make one change to your bb-display.sh for
Hobbit: Adding the "--hobbitd" option to the bbgen commands will make
them query the hobbit daemon for the current status, instead of
reading it from the files that BB uses to store the state info.