[hobbit] two hobbit servers on the same machine

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 25 23:14:59 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 05:01:06PM +0100, Marco Avvisano wrote:
> I would like to have two hobbit server on the same machine, running on
> different ports.
> One of these must send to the other (port 1984) the test results.

hobbitd was never designed to do this. It receives messages, it
doesn't send them.

If you want to forward incoming messages to one or more hobbit
servers, use the bbproxy (also part of the Hobbit package).

> I try to use the BBDISPLAY option

which is 100% ignored by hobbit. BBDISPLAY, BBPAGER, BBNET and BBRELAY
are for BB - hobbit ignores them.