[hobbit] purple page grouping & alert acknowledgment

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Fri Feb 25 21:04:34 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>  >  I've been experiementing with turning off big brother on a client
>  > and causing purple pages, but using the ACK code in the emails does
>  > not prevent purple pages from continuing, nor does my explanation
>  > get recorded into the acklog.  ACK works for red & yellow, though.
>
> Hmm - odd. I'll try it out later tonight.

A follow up:  I restarted hobbit and repeated the experiement, turning
off bbc on my client and waiting for 30 mins until it was put into a
purple status.  Then I took one of the ACK codes from my purple alert
emails and it work just as expected, disabling paging for the time
duration I entered and displaying the text message that I entered.
Tested putting a "-" in front of the ACK code and it acknowledged all
the purples for the host, so that's a neat little trick.

I cannot explain why this didn't work the first times that I tried it,
but I swear it didn't.

Tom