[hobbit] purple page grouping & alert acknowledgment

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at nandomedia.com
Fri Feb 25 20:03:50 CET 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:

>  > 1.  This may be a dumb question, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.  Should I
>  > expect to be able to take the ACK code in purple pages and use it with
>  > the acknowledge alert feature?
>
> Yes, that's the idea.

OK.

It seems that when I acknowledge a red/yellow alert, the trend chart is
not updated during the acknowledgment time period, but resumes after the
time period is over (without using any of the data that would've been
collected during that time).  Is that also expected?

Also, how can I unacknowledge a host, if I fix a problem before the time
that I estimated it would take?

> No. I'd like to do some more general merging of alerts - not just
> purple ones - but that'll be later.

OK, that explains why I couldn't find anything about it in the docs.

> OK, I'll let you in on a secret: If you send an acknowledge with
> minus-ACKCODE, it will work as an ack for all current alerts on that
> host.

:)  Sounds good.

Tom