[hobbit] alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 22:31:16 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 04:06:54PM -0500, kevin grady wrote:
> Is their functionality in hobbit to do alert escalation? I read
> through the man page and nothing jumps out as a method to do this.

It was mentioned a few days ago - Feb 14 - when Brent McCrackin
also asked for it.

You can do part of it with the "duration" settings. But the one thing
that Hobbit cannot do right now is the BB way of escalating alerts;
right now, if someone ack's an alert, it turns off alerts for all
recipients. BB continues to send alerts to those recipients that are
marked for escalation.

> ask because we have a small 4 man rotation of oncall personal and I'd
> like to setup all alerts to go the primary oncall contact and if no
> acknowledgement has been made in X amount of time, send out an alert
> to the group. That way everyone keeps their pagers on, but only the
> primary receives the first alert. Any assistance is appreciated.

That should be possible with the DURATION settings. I see Tom has
already provided some examples :-)