[hobbit] hobbit and NET tag

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 18:00:14 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:46:56PM +0100, Gianluca Rossi wrote:
> Hi all, I have just installed hobbit RC3 (good work!), and i am using
> the same bb-hosts configuration as my production system (BB+bbgen 3.2).
> i have some host that are not directily "pingable" from the hobbit
> server and are defined in this way:
>
> 10.12.20.58     hitachi9980     # NET:sb1-15k
>
> the ping test is done by another machine, but with hobbit i see the
> "conn" test always switch from green to red and vice versa.
>
> what is the correct setup with hobbit?

I assume the other machines in your bb-hosts file do not have a
NET:... setting ?

First, make sure you define the BBLOCATION setting in hobbitserver.cfg
on the Hobbit server. Set it to some value other than "sb1-15k",
e.g. "mynet".

Then, EITHER add "NET:mynet" to all of the other hosts in the bb-hosts
file, OR add the option "--test-untagged" to the bbtest-net command in
hobbitlaunch.cfg.