[hobbit] Preliminary patch for RC3 brokenness

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Feb 24 13:09:05 CET 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 03:59:16PM -0800, Bruce Lysik wrote:

> > And I just got some cpu alerts sent to the onduty address.
> > In fact, the 'info' page looks totally wrong for alerts.
> > Ack.  Just got another alert I shouldn't have.  (A purple for
> > a vmstat monitor which should have only gone to the 'ops' address.)
>
> I've confirmed that this is an issue with the patch.  I rolled back
>  to RC3 without patch, and suddenly the alerting definitions that are
>  displayed on the 'info' pages make sense again.

Thanks for providing a good test-case with the configuration you use.

The patch you tried was a bit too eager in applying the criteria for
recipients; it used the criteria from the last recipient for all of
the recipients hanging off the same rule (i.e. all lines with
recipients would get the same setup).

I've fixed this, and updated the post-RC3 patch. With the new version,
your configuration results in the correct alert-setup, as far as I can
tell.

Patch is at http://www.hswn.dk/beta/post-RC3.patch (same location as
before). You must un-install the old version of the patch first:

   cd hobbit-4.0-RC3
   patch -R -p0 </tmp/post-RC3.patch.old

then apply the new one:
   patch -p0 </tmp/post-RC3.patch

and then do the "make" "make install".

I'd be very happy if you can confirm that this results in the correct
alert-setup for your hosts.