[hobbit] bug report

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 20 21:55:35 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 07:59:57PM +0000, Robin Wood wrote:
> When I setup my site I pointed the two cgi directories at different
> urls, the secure script, bb-ack.sh runs from /secure-cgi/bb-ack.sh but
> when you try to do the acknowledgment it posts back to
> /cgi-bin/bb-ack.sh?ACTION=Ack&DELAY=60&MESSAGE=don%27t+know&NUMBER=123&Send=Send
>
> Is this a known bug and is there a patch for it? I'm going to have a
> look through the source and see if I can work out a fix just in
> case.

It's been reported by someone else last week, but I haven't looked
into it yet.

One thing you could check is the file

    ~hobbit/server/web/acknowledge_form

which holds the template for the acknowledgment form. It should
have this line near the top:

   <FORM METHOD="GET" ACTION="&REQUEST_URI">

which in theory should cause the form to be posted to the same URL as
was used to get the form itself. This was changed from 4.0-RC1 to RC2,
so if you have upgraded from RC1 to RC2 you may still have the old
version installed. In that case, just copy the file over from the
hobbit-4.0-RC2/hobbitd/webfiles/ directory.