[hobbit] Default Value for Duration

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Feb 16 15:06:36 CET 2005

Asif Iqbal wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:37:18PM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
>

>>On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:57:36AM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>

>>>I have a stupid question. What is the default value for DURATION? In
>>>bigbrother it pagedelay default was 5 mins.
>>>

>>The default is 0 - i.e. alerts go out as soon as a status goes
>>critical. This is the same as BB's default.
>>

>Hmm, how often Hobbit checks for the host.conn? I have a system that
>rebooted and came back up in 3 mins and Hobbit never noticed it.

 From the "Tips and Tricks" section of the hobbit help:

      I need the web-pages to update more frequently

The ~/server/etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg defines the update interval for all of
the Hobbit programs. The default is for network tests to run every 5
minutes, and webpage updates to happen once a minute.

Note that if you run the /bbretest-net.sh/ tool on your network test
server (this is the default for a new Hobbit server), then network tests
that fail will run every minute for up to 30 minutes after the initial
failure, so usually there is little need to change the update interval
for your network tests.