Disk RRD problem with older BB client

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Tue Feb 15 20:22:44 CET 2005

Hi All

I noticed if a BB Client (like 1.8b3) reports the host name with comma
instead of dot (.) it fails to create RRD files. For new BB Client
(bb1.9e) it sends the host name with dots and it created the RRD for
disk just fine

Here is a sample RRD error in larrd-status.log file

2005-02-15 14:18:26 RRD error creating
/export/home/hobbit/data/rrd/host.ip.qwest.net/disk,/dev/md/dsk/d0.rrd:
creating '/export/home/hobbit/data/rrd/host.ip.qwest.net/disk,/dev/md/dsk/d0.rrd': No such file
or directory

You see it tried to convert the commas into dots but didn't quite
workout

I can go ahead and upgrade BB Client on the hosts unless there is a way
I can convert the commas in the FQDNs to dots in a Hobbit way.

Thanks for any suggestion/feedback

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu