[hobbit] Suggestion for Defaults

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Mon Feb 14 08:06:57 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 07:58:28AM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 12:38:07PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > I like a way to set the default for the followings
> >
> > REPEAT, currently it is 30 and I like to change it not for all my 200
> > entries separately but as a default value
>
> You set the default repeat interval with the "--repeat=N" option for
> hobbitd_alert. Change it in etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg .
>

> > I like to have FORMAT assumed as default to TEXT. Right now I have to
> > atleast mentioned the word FORMAT in all my 200 rules separately
>
> FORMAT=TEXT already is the default setting ...
>

> > Same thing for COLOR. Currently I have to mention COLOR=red which I like
> > to set as default. Do I set that in the --alertcolors?
>
> If you use "--alertcolors=red" then it cannot be overridden in the
> hobbit-alerts.cfg file. So if you do want some tests to send an alert
> when they go yellow, then you must use "--alertcolors=red,yellow" (the
> default is red,yellow,purple) and add the COLOR=... definition for
> each rule or recipient.
>

> > BTW, if I choose COLOR=RED it fails, I assume it is case sensitive?!
>
> Yes, it is. I'll change that, having things case-sensitive for no good
> reason is just annoying.
>

> > It would be great if I could Add more than one email alias in the same
> > MAIL line.
>
> This was added in RC2. Doing
>
>     MAIL webmaster at foo.com admin at foo.com COLOR=red
>
> will work as you expect it to. If you have a macro that expands to
> several mail-adresses, then that will work too. Like
>
>     $ADMINS="webmaster at foo.com engineering at foo.com"
>
>     HOST=*
>         MAIL $ADMINS COLOR=red

So let me get this clear. If I setup "--alertcolors=red" in the
hobbitlaunch.cfg file (and restart hobbit) I do not have to add
COLOR=red and FORMAT for the default TEXT alert for RED only to work?

Sorry for such a long question.

Realizing now how simple the alert file now compare to bbwarrules and
bbwarnsetup files

Thank you so much for such an awesome tool

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu