[hobbit] ACK with Delay

Asif Iqbal iqbala-hobbit at qwestip.net
Sun Feb 13 02:23:26 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 10:24:37PM, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:00:04PM -0500, Asif Iqbal wrote:
> > How do you send an ACK with Delay through the email in Hobbit?
> >
> > Should I need to use BB commands? Does it generate any ACK Code that I
> > can associate with BB command to delay?
>
> Alerts do include an ACK code, also in Hobbit. I haven't tried it,
> but since the BB ack protocol is also supported in Hobbit, the BB
> ack-by-mail script should work fine in Hobbit.
>
> If that fails, then it is pretty simple - you need some sort of
> e.g. procmail script that calls the "bb" tool like this:
>
>   bb ip.of.hobbit.server "hobbitdack ACKCODE MINUTES TEXT"

Is there a way to retrieve an alert based on the ACKCODE? In Bigbrother
1.9c I was using the following script "findhostsvc.sh ACKCODE"--that I
received from the bigbrother mailing list--to get
the details. (I know it is not always reliable but it worked for me)

$ cat findhostsvc.sh

#!/bin/sh
BBHOME=/export/home/bbro/bb
ackcode=$1
cd $BBHOME/tmp
np_file=`grep $ackcode np_* 2>/dev/null`
set bogus `echo $np_file`
shift  # get rid of bogus
# $2 has host.service combination
hostsvc=$2
echo $hostsvc

Thanks for any suggestion on this.

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu