[hobbit] Hobbit 4.0-RC1 available - conn errors

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Feb 6 22:22:19 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 05:24:42PM +1300, Andy France wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote on 03/02/2005 12:09:01:
>
> > The first release-candidate of Hobbit 4.0 was uploaded to
> > hobbitmon.sourceforge.net a few minutes ago.
>
> I've just updated from beta6 ro RC1, and all my conn tests now fail :-(

There are no changes from beta-6 -> RC1 that would explain such a
failure.

I'd like to see what happens if you run it with debugging output
enabled. The simplest way of doing that is (login as the hobbit user):

cd ~/server
./bin/bbcmd --env=etc/hobbitserver.cfg bbtest-net --ping --debug

If you have lots of hosts, you can add a couple of hostnames to the
command, that will make it run the tests for those hosts only.

I'm interested in the tmp/fping.* files that are generated by this,
and in the output that bbtest-net dumps while running the test.

It's probably best is you send them to me directly, especially if they
are large.