[hobbit] Alert Rules - DURATION not working

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Tue Feb 1 02:02:58 CET 2005

As you can see from the out put below a DURATION of '15m' translates to
653760.  Regardless, we cannot get DURATION to work under any
circumstance.  I sent some early e-mails with some logging output.
Either we have something configured wrong or DURATION is broken?

All we would like is a rather simple rule.  Any host that is red for
longer than 15 minutes send an e-mail/page, repeat every 8 hours (shift
change).  The last rule is just a hack to get around DURATION not
working for us.  Perhaps I do not understand the config rules?

Rules:

HOST=% COLOR=yellow
         MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=8h DURATION>15
         MAIL anybody at anyhost.com REPEAT=8h DURATION>15m

COLOR=red EXSERVICE=cpu,mem,tl1am
        SCRIPT /export/home/hobbit/server/bin/delay_page PAGE REPEAT=8h
RECOVERED

Debug:

HOST=% COLOR=yellow
        MAIL somebody at somehost.com REPEAT=480 COLOR=yellow DURATION>15
        MAIL anybody at anyhost.com REPEAT=480 COLOR=yellow DURATION>653760

EXSERVICE=cpu,mem,tl1am COLOR=red
        SCRIPT /export/home/hobbit/server/bin/delay_page PAGE
FORMAT=SCRIPT REPEAT=480 COLOR=red RECOVERED