[hobbit] Msgs - No log data available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Dec 29 17:45:06 CET 2005

Hi Todd,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 11:34:36AM -0500, Costa, Todd (DMH) wrote:

> I have been testing my Hobbit server [4.1.2p1] for a number of weeks now.
> Its working great so far with my test criteria. I am wondering how do I fix
> the service "msgs" that continues to stay clear on my hobbit server. The
> status message is reporting the following: "No log data available; The
> client did not report any logfile data." All other tests are working.

The hobbit client currently does not do any logfile checking, hence it
reports a "No log data" and a clear status for the "msgs" column.

If you must have logfile monitoring now, either look for a script on
www.deadcat.net (I think there are some), or implement your own check
and add it to the client/bin/hobbitclient-OSNAME.sh script so it
generates a "[msgs]" section with the stuff you want in the "msgs"
status column. Hobbit will pick up any "&clear", "&red" or "&yellow"
items you put in there, and change the color of the status accordingly.

> I have noticed a runclient.sh in the client folder but don't see where its
> launched or referenced in the cfg files at this point. Would this be the
> piece I am missing in my configuration? It appears to be producing the data
> but its not going to the display. So any input is appreciated.

"runclient.sh" is the startup script for a client-only installation. It
is not used on the Hobbit server, where the hobbitclient.sh script is
run via the hobbitlaunch.cfg file.