[hobbit] Big Bro TO Hobbit

Kauffman, Tom KauffmanT at nibco.com
Mon Dec 19 17:23:21 CET 2005

FWIW, I got BB up and running on AIX 4.3.1 on an old 43p; the biggest
problem was getting perl to compile. Ran just fine, but about the time I
went to AIX 5.1 it started to run out of gas. That's when I went to
BBGEN. And then an old Dell 4300 came my way, and I installed SuSE on
it.

And then I moved to hobbit, and the 43p was completely replaced for all
other finctions by a Dell 2300 (also old) running SuSE 9.0. I figure on
upgrading both systems to SLES 9 next month.

Tom