Temporary Files

Mon Dec 19 05:33:38 CET 2005

Just thought I might clarify tmp file handling for hobbit and hobbit
client specifically.

It would seem to me that tmp file handling is probably insecure...
-rw-r--r--  1 hobbit hobbit     237 2005-12-19 14:41 hobbit_vmstat.12913
-rw-r--r--  1 hobbit hobbit   14996 2005-12-19 14:41 msg.txt

ie, it is easy for an 'attacker' to create a file called msg.txt before
hobbit does (though it seems that file is kept there all the time, so it
would have to be created between system bootup and hobbit startup.

The vmstat file would be easier to do, since it is removed each time
after use.

Just thought it would be nice to use a tmp dir specifically for hobbit,
such as /tmp/hobbit or /usr/lib/hobbit/client/tmp etc .....

Regards,
Adam