[hobbit] bbtest-net core dumps when reading bb-services

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 14 17:10:25 CET 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 04:55:30PM +0100, Andreas Dembach wrote:

> >So the million dollar question is: What's in your bb-services file ?
>
> Well, as I said, nothing too complex I guess, since it's the default file
> from the package.
>
> hobbit at linuxbox:~$ cat /etc/hobbit/bb-services
>          service smtp
>             send "mail\r\nquit\r\n"
>             expect "220"
>             options banner

That's not from the debian package, that is an old-style bbgen version
of the bb-services file.

Try doing

   mkdir tmpdir
   dpkg -x hobbit_4.1.2p1-1_i386.deb ./tmpdir/

This unpacks the .deb-file into the tmpdir directory. In
tmpdir/etc/hobbit/bb-services you'll find the real file - I am sure
that is different from what you have.

Specifically, the "service smtp" line is now "[smtp]".