Client interval question

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 20:12:20 CET 2005

Hi,

I wanted to move from a 5 minute interval on all my clients to a 1 minute
interval.

I went to my first AIX host to test, and changed
/usr/local/hobbit/client/etc/clientlaunch.cfg
and changed the interval to 1m (I assume this is correct)

Well, sure enough, hobbit launches stuff every minute, but the problem is
that I see "vmstat 300 2" running
a ton. So looking at /usr/local/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-aix.sh, I see
that hardcoded into the script
is "vmstat 300 2" So do I need to update that to reflect 1 minute as well (
i.e. vmstat 60 2)?
Or is this by design? Are there others that might need to change that I
don't know about? Is the way
I am going about this wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff