RECOVERED alerts still sent outside of TIME window

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu Dec 8 17:19:15 CET 2005

Howdy all,

We just had one of our engineers get a rude awakening last night by a
UPS
that had recovered from an error;  I had thought that the RECOVERED
pages
were under the same TIME restrictions as normal alerts, but a quick look
at the code leads me to believe that this is not so.

Before I (or somebody else ;) attempts a fix, I wanted to make sure that
there wasn't a valid reason behind this implementation.  (I'm looking
at the criteria match routine in the do_alerts.c file, specifically
lines 899 through 914).

TIA,
-Eric Schwimmer
Network Engineer