[hobbit] Graph/Track page in/out faults AIX

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Dec 2 19:30:35 CET 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:21:46PM -0600, Jeff Newman wrote:

> I have an AIX box where the customer wants to know if I can use hobbit to
> track/graph
> page in/out faults. vmstat appears to have this information in it's output.
> So is there a way
> to get hobbit to show this since it is collecting the vmstat information
> anyway?

Are those the "pi" and "po" fields in the vmstat output ? Then they
should already be collected by the vmstat handler, so you just need to
setup a graph definition to view them. You can use one of the existing
vmstat definitions in hobbitgraph.cfg, and just modify it to use the
"mem_pi" and "mem_po" fields in the vmstat.rrd file.