[hobbit] snapshot, latest, error on solaris 9

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Fri Aug 26 01:02:38 CEST 2005

Latest snapshot on Solaris 9 (demotool?):

CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -D_REENTRANT -DSunOS -I.
-I`pwd`/include -I/usr/local/include" RPATHOPT="" NETLIBS="-lresolv
-lsocket -lnsl" make -C demotool all
make: *** demotool: No such file or directory.  Stop.
make: *** [demo-build] Error 2

Hopefully this snapshot or the next will fix my hobbit-clients.cfg
parsing issue?

HOST=%thisHost14
         PHYS 90 95

 From bbcmd dump:

MEMREAL 90 95 HOST=%thisHost14 (line: 649)

Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) [thisHost14]:
Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc): mem
Phys: Yellow at 98, red at 99
Swap: Yellow at 90, red at 95
Act.: Yellow at 90, red at 98

These would be the defaults:

DEFAULT
	UP 3600 -1 (line: 1160)
	LOAD 5.00 10.00 (line: 1161)
	DISK * 90 95 (line: 1162)
	MEMREAL 98 99 (line: 1163)
	MEMSWAP 90 95 (line: 1164)
	MEMACT 90 98 (line: 1165)

As you can see this setting gets overwritten by the DEFAULT entries.  I
have moved the DEFAULT entry to the beginning of the HOST entries and
that may fix it, but your last comment in hobbit-clients.cfg says the
following:

# Rules are evaluated from the top of this file and down, and the first
# matching rule is used. So you should put the specific rules first, and
# the generic rules last.

--
David