[hobbit] Re: hobbit_rrd stops working after about 1 hour

Olivier Beau olivier at qalpit.com
Tue Aug 23 08:28:46 CEST 2005

Hi,

it happened a third time for me this night (3 times in 3 weeks) :
syptoms: hobbitd seems to slow down and stops graphing.

i think Naeem and me are hitting a bug.

i've looked closer this night, and i saw that hobbitd_rrd was running at 100% on
the cpu it was on;
i tried to strace the procees, but strace wouldnt give me any ouptut !
i finally killed hobbitd_rrd, and everything went back to normal.
hobbitd.log has : Task rrdstatus terminated, status 1
rrd_status.log has : Worker process died with exit code 1, terminating

during normal running, vmstat shows a i/o wait of 25%
my problems happened always at night, exactly at the time legato starts

-> something strange is happening whith hobbitd_rrd when the server is under
very heavy i/o..

henrik, could this be a OS issue or more a hobbitd_rrd problem ?

Olivier

Selon Naeem.Maqsud at sybase.com:

--
Olivier Beau