fping compile problems

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Aug 17 15:53:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

in preparation for installing hobbit I failed to compile fping on
Solaris 5. 9 with gcc 2.95.3 :

configure:
gcc  -g -O2  -o fping  fping.o  -lsocket -lnsl
err                                 fping.o
errx                                fping.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to fping
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

from the config.log it seems it cannot find ac_nonexistent.h (which
isn't on the machine):
configure:2407: gcc -E  conftest.c
configure:2403: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:2413: $? = 1

Is ac_nonexistent.h needed? Where can I get it (I've googled around but
found only other people mails having errors ...)

thanks for any help
Rolf

Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel. Sammelnr. LBS: (49) 69 - 798 28830
Fax: (49) 69 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de

Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de