[hobbit] Problems starting snapshot install...

Erwin.Furth at Postbankmail.nl Erwin.Furth at Postbankmail.nl
Wed Aug 10 10:02:56 CEST 2005

Bob,

You didn't specify your OS, but I had the same problem on Solaris 8,
with hobbitd failing during a shmat() call with return code 24 (EMFILE),
which under IPC means "too many shared memory segments" rather than "too
many files". I found out that Solaris (several versions) limits the
number of shm segments a process can attach to by default to 6. Since
hobbitd now needs 7 of them, you'll need to raise this system-wide limit
by tuning the shmseg parameter in /etc/system, e.g.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=7

The /etc/system file only gets read during a reboot. Related parameters
are shmmin, shmmax, and shmmni. Hope this points in the right direction,
even if you are not using Solaris.

Erwin Furth

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Gordon [mailto:rgordonjr at gmail.com]
Sent: woensdag 10 augustus 2005 9:20
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: [hobbit] Problems starting snapshot install...

Hello -

I downloaded the latest snapshot tonight and was able to compile and
install it.  I am running into a problem starting it however.  When I
execute the hobbit.sh start (or restart) it appears to execute correctly
however nothing appears on the website.  In looking through the logs I
found the following:

2005-08-10 07:06:17 Setting up network listener on 0.0.0.0:1984
2005-08-10 07:06:17 Setting up signal handlers 2005-08-10 07:06:17
Setting up hobbitd channels 2005-08-10 07:06:17 Could not attach shm Too
many open files 2005-08-10 07:06:17 Cannot setup client channel
2005-08-10 07:06:17 Task hobbitd terminated, status 1

Any ideas?

--
--==[ Bob Gordon ]==--

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.