Hobbit client OS support (was: OSF physical memory ...)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Aug 7 23:23:05 CEST 2005

Ok, thanks to David and Anton the Hobbit client should now support
OSF/1 4.x and 5.x fully.

The problem Anton reported with the format of the uptime output was
already fixed in my code, since I had the same problem from a Linux
box resulting in 1 hour where the load graph wasn't being updated.

So I think Hobbit is in pretty good shape when it comes to support
for various Unix systems. The client should work with AIX, FreeBSD,
HP-UX, Linux, NetBSD, OpenBSD, OSF/1, Solaris and Darwin/Mac OS X.
If anyone feels I've left out their favourite Unix platform, let me
know - with a bit of help from You, I'm sure we can get it working.

I've tested the *BSD, Linux and Solaris clients myself. Bob Gordon
kindly helped with the Darwin support, which should be working now
(except for the netstat data, will do that tomorrow).  If someone
could confirm that AIX, HP-UX and OSF/1 work (with whatever version
of those you have), it would be nice. You'll need to use the latest
snapshot of Hobbit from http://www.hswn.dk/beta/, and it's a good
idea to make sure you use the latest client version if you've
installed the 4.1.1 version.