[hobbit] Snapshot Compile errors

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 4 16:33:14 CEST 2005

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 08:28:28AM -0400, Michael Dunne wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> When I attempt to compile the latest snapshot (As well as 4.1.1) I receive
> the following error:
> darwin-meminfo.c:16:25: vm/vm_param.h: No such file or directory

OK, I naively assumed that Darwin was "just another BSD system" in
this respect.

For a quick fix, you can edit the client/Makefile and just delete these
three lines:

	ifeq ($(OSTYPE),darwin)
        	EXTRATOOLS=darwin-meminfo
	endif

and the build should complete OK. The downside is that the Hobbit client
will fail to report memory statistics (the "memory" column).

If anyone has an ssh-accessible Mac OS X or Darwin system where I could
try and fix this, send me a note. Unfortunately, Darwin won't install
in a VMware session.