[hobbit] client on OSF cluster

David Gore David.Gore at mci.com
Mon Aug 1 05:22:32 CEST 2005

The clusters on OSF dgux 4.x work like such:

physical_hostname1 logical_hostname1
physical_hostname2 logical_hostname2
physical_hostname3 logical_hostname3
physical_hostname4 (failover host)

If logical_hostname2 fails, it will failover including the filesystems
to physical_hostname4.  So the picture will look like this:

physical_hostname1 logical_hostname1
physical_hostname2 DOWN
physical_hostname3 logical_hostname3
physical_hostname4 logical_hostname2 (failover host)

There are common processes and filesystems for each physical_hostname
that are easily reported.  How would I report different processes and
filesystems for the logical_hostnames?  Note, physical_hostname1 and
logical_hostname1 do have different IPs.

Not to get into too much detail, but the way I have it setup now, I
check for failover every 10 minutes, and if it has occurred, I copy new
bb-proctabs, bb-dftabs, and bb-exttabs over top the current ones and
restart the BB client.  Same, if a fail-back to the home host has
occurred.  Perhaps I will have to do something similar with the hobbit
client?

--
David