[hobbit] Disk / CPU / memory monitoring

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Apr 29 17:14:17 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:47:39AM -0400, Allan.Marillier at dana.com wrote:
> This may be a stupid oversight, but I am confused. I installed
> hobbit-4.0.2-1 yesterday on a server that was previously running BB. I
> took down the BB processes, completed the install and brought across my
> bb-hosts file. For now, I didn't bring across any of the history.
> Everything runs fine (better actually!), except that I don't get any
> updates for CPU, disk. memory, messages and processes. The clients are
> running just as they were before. When I look at the other server which is
> still running BB, I see the updates coming across the way they should.

Check the bb-hosts file used by the BB clients - they have their own
file, with a definition of which server is the BBDISPLAY server.

> The hobbit server was previously configured as a failover BB server, which
> I never managed to get truly failing over and assuming the BBPAGER role
> anyway. In my bb-hosts I have both servers defined as BBNET and BBDISPLAY,
> but only one defined as BBPAGER.

I think your client bb-hosts file has the old BB server listed as
BBDISPLAY, instead of the Hobbit server.

You can have both, e.g. if you have the client installed in
/usr/local/bb/bbc1.9e-btf/ (the client $BBHOME setting) then in the
etc/bb-hosts file you can have

     10.0.0.1   bbserver.foo.com     # BBDISPLAY BBPAGER
     10.0.0.2   hobbitserver.foo.com # BBDISPLAY BBPAGER

The clients will then send their status updates to both servers.

Note: You need to restart the client after changing the bb-hosts file.