[hobbit] Patch for do_sendmail.c for later sendmail releases

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Apr 29 07:34:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 11:07:16AM +1000, Geoff Steer wrote:
> In setting up the sendmail graphs, I found that some fields introduced
> in later sendmail versions were not logged/displayed.
>
> The attached patch to do_sendmail.c will allow the extra field
> introduced in sendmail 8.13.x to be graphed.

The only problem I have with this is that it changes the layout of the
RRD file. So applying this will cause Hobbit to stop working with those
installations that have an existing sendmail.rrd file created with the
old layout.

There's currently no way of "gently" adding a dataset to an RRD file.
If this data item is interesting to track, I think the best way of doing
it might be to create a new "sendmail813.rrd" file with the new layout
and use that instead.