[hobbit] Depends tag question

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Apr 24 22:18:35 CEST 2005

Going through my mail in preparation for 4.0.3, I don't think I've
answered this one:

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:27:44AM -0500, Stuffle, David wrote:
> I have the depends tag on one of our hosts and I'm confused on why it goes
> clear occasionally.  This is what I have in the hosts file:
>
> 0.0.0.0	www.deltafaucet.com  # noconn http://12.159.193.35
> depends=(http:firewall/http)
>
> The http test on www.deltafaucet.com has gone clear about 4 or 5 times in
> the past week while the http test on "firewall" has stayed green the whole
> time.  Each time it goes clear, it's only for less than a minute, sometimes
> just a few seconds.  Shouldn't clear events on www.deltafaucet.com match up
> with red events on "firewall"?

If you go to the www.deltafaucet.com http-column and view the history,
then the detailed status for one of these "clear" reports - what does
it say ? If it's because of a failed dependency, then it should say
that on the historical status log.