[hobbit] New enable/disable tool ready for testing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Apr 22 14:52:30 CEST 2005

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 08:29:15AM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> >
> >There are some differences. The hobbit-enadis code that picks up the
> >data when you post an enable/disable request is buggy - it works for
> >most people, but not all.
>
> Something else we've noticed after using the new enadis tool is just how
> big the webpage gets once you disable all of the tests on a handful of
> systems.  Each test for each hosts gets its own block, and if you have 5
> or so systems offline, each with all 11 tests disabled, well....the page
> is just huge.

I thought about removing the details of each disabled test from the
page itself, and just put them in a pop-up window that appears when
you let the mouse "hover" above the host.test text.

My current version also by default applies a "page" filter to the
enadis page, so it includes only hosts that are present on the page
you invoked it from (you can of course clear the filter and get all
hosts).

>  Enabling those systems currently disabled is also a bit
> more cumbersome than before, since you have to click the enable button
> for each system.test.  Of course you can get around that by going to the
> info column for a system that you want enabled and select the ALL
> button, but an equivalent does not exist for the enadis.sh page.

Should it be
- a button to enable all tests for a single host ?
- a button to enable all tests for all hosts ?
- a checkbox so you can check off those host+test combos you want to
  enable ?
- all of the above ?