[hobbit] Comments wanted - OK to drop BB support in Hobbit?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 21 18:14:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:10:02AM -0400, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
> Losing deadcat stuff would be a bad thing.  I guess that's part
> of breaking away.  Hobbit will just need to spring something
> up like deadbunny or some other typical pet for a Hobbit.

As I wrote in another message, being able to use as many of the
Deadcat client-side extensions as possible is important. And Hobbit
needs to stay compatible with the BB client.

(I have several hundred clients installed myself - upgrading all of
them just isn't an option).

> > To be honest, I wonder if the quest version of BB is
> > actually selling/successful... ie, are there still loads
> > of new BB users sprouting up, or is it just old BTF
> > license users who are using/maintaining old BB
> > installations....
>
> There haven't been many commercial updates, and it looks
> like Quest is starting to move away from giving the source
> out.

One thing I've noticed is that traffic on the BB mailing list appears
to have dropped significantly after the Hobbit mailinglist started,
and the beta-testing really got going.

There are currently 169 adresses subscribed to the Hobbit list, and a
handful more only on the announcement-list. I guess I must be doing
something right :-)