[hobbit] Comments wanted - OK to drop BB support in Hobbit?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Apr 21 17:50:10 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:42:04AM -0400, DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI wrote:
> Is there any plan for creating a team/group to develop the hobbit
> clients, or is this something that Henrik plans to tackle himself?

Some work has already been done by Emanuel Dreyfus, who wrote the
NetBSD client currently available on Sourceforge.

I'll probably do some things a bit differently - one issue that must
be adressed is that it would be nice to have the Hobbit client work
with as many of the Deadcat extensions as possible. I also have some
plans to change the way data is reported for use in the RRD graphs, so
that it becomes simpler (and less error-prone) for Hobbit to pick out
the data reported by clients.

So any help is welcome, if you have some C programming skills and feel
like contributing some time to the project. If you're not really a
programmer, docs also need to be written - and most importantly, all
of you can help test it and find bugs :-)