[hobbit] New enable/disable tool ready for testing

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Thu Apr 21 03:55:59 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> OK, it seemed like most of you liked this new feature, but all of you
> still wanted a way of disabling stuff on many hosts at once. So I've
> been busy adding - essentially creating a Hobbit-version of the full
> maint.pl script.

I have a question about the new hobbit-native enable/disable tool, but I
haven't had enough time to test it out for myself to know the answer.

One of the downsides to the way the current enable/disable maint.pl
works is the way the trend charts do not continue using data collected
from clients after the tests are disabled.  For example if I disable
disk tests for a server, the BB client still sends the data to hobbit
and the latest values are displayed, but those values aren't put into
the graphs.  As a result, I have large blank gaps in spots when a test
was disabled.  I can understand the presence of these gaps when a client
is offline, but if I'm getting the data but just don't want be bothered
with pager alerts from a server issue I'm already aware of, shouldn't
that be OK?

Tom