[hobbit] Forcing content test to be IE like

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Apr 19 22:12:34 CEST 2005

Just wanted to point out that Hobbit does support sending cookies with
a request - see the bbtest-net man-page; you drop the cookies into a
Netscape-cookie-format file in ~/server/etc/cookies, and they are sent
with any requests. However, requiring a cookie for a "one-shot" test
which is what Hobbit does - it doesn't follow redirects - really does
not make much sense, unless it's used as some form of simple user
identification.

So as Larry points out, for these kinds of tests where you might want
to script a full transaction or session, a custom script using curl or
some similar tool might be superior.