New Features #2

Marsh, Ian ian.marsh at hants.gov.uk
Tue Apr 19 11:44:36 CEST 2005

  Whilst we're on the subject of new features would it be possible to
have easier access to the acknowledgement code for an alert? As things
stand at the moment the only place that you can get the ack code is on
the email notification that gets sent out once the alert has been
triggered. With our setup this means that we have to wait for the
frontline support people to contact us before we can ack the alert, even
if we knew about it as soon as it happened.

  What I'd like to be able to do is to pre-empt the alert by having
access to the ack code earlier, as soon as the status changes to red,
and have the code displayed on the individual test page. The way I
envisage this happening is that the ack code is generated when the test
turns red rather than when an alert is sent out. This code can then be
included on the tests status page where we have easy access to it. The
text could be displayed in a similar fashion to the text currently added
when an alert is acknowledged.

  I know that we could turn the test offline without the ack code but
that tends to leave a hole in the graphs, acknowledging the alert allows
everything to be logged/graphed as per normal.

  Does this sort of behaviour sound feasible?

Thanks,
Ian Marsh