[hobbit] New features

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Apr 18 15:10:03 CEST 2005

>>> henrik at hswn.dk 04/17/05 2:28 AM >>>
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 07:25:40PM -0400, kevin hanrahan wrote:
> >  Since you are adding new features, I would like to request
> > one. Would it be possible to add a web interface for adding and
> > deleting clients?
>
> It's possible, yes - but not terribly high on my priority list.
>
> There are really two parts of this.

Actually, there's a third...

How many people run more than one Hobbit server?  I have
different host files on almost all of my servers.  I have been
testing out Hobbit for about a month now, but have to split
up my testing between 4 machines and my display on a
different one.  There needs to be some knowledge from this
script from where tests are being performed, where the
display server entries are and from where notifications are
being sent.  Having a database backend to drive that would
be great, just as long as there were some kind of redistributation
of the hosts files or the web front end knew to put specific
entries on the individual servers.

Lot's of work, IMHO.

Paul