[hobbit] Some thoughts about alerts, acks and escalations

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Wed Apr 13 20:04:41 CEST 2005

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> I'm beginning to look at the issue of escalating alerts.

> Does that sound like it would be useful?

I like this feature and wouldn't mind having it, for many of the same
reasons already echoed by others on the list.

Just so I understand, though, an ack by a person only prevents alerts
from being sent out to other in their same level.  Some one above or
below still gets them, unless they ack the alert themselves?

Say a level 1 guy acks the alert.  It still goes to 0 & 2, right?  Or
would it just go to 2 and no longer to 0?

Tom