[hobbit] Some thoughts about alerts, acks and escalations

Stefan Loos stefan_loos at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:19:30 CEST 2005

Hi Henrik,

for me it would be a "nice to have" feature.
What I would set on top of a wishlist would be a failover server solution,
so that the guys who stare at the NK page 24x7 will have something to stare
at when the hobbit server crashes ;-)
Nevertheless I want to say thank you for your great work!

Regards,
Stefan

>From: Henrik Stoerner <henrik at hswn.dk>
>To: hobbit at hswn.dk
>Subject: [hobbit] Some thoughts about alerts, acks and escalations
>Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:49:07 +0200
>
>I'm beginning to look at the issue of escalating alerts. And I've had
>an idea that I'd like to get some feedback on before I go ahead and
>implement it.
>
>Right now, Hobbit doesn't handle escalating an alert. When someone
>receives an alert message, they can ack it - when they do, all alerts
>stop and the item disappears from the "Critical systems" page
(the NK
>page).
>
>BB has the concept of escalating an alert, meaning that some
>recipients of an alert will get the alert message even if the alert
>has been acknowledged.
>

>What I'd like to have is the BB system with a finer granularity. A
>recipient in the hobbit-alerts.cfg file has an associated
"level",