[hobbit] hobbitd_alert column

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Apr 11 11:25:31 CEST 2005

On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:53:14AM +1000, ZanDAhaR wrote:

> I have just upgraded to the latest release of hobbit (moved old dir out and
> rebuilt so there were no old files) and I am now seeing a new column on the
> hobbit display page called hobbitd_alert and its staying red.
>
> Open it up and it says -Program crashed
> Fatal signal caught!

If this is timestamped just around the time of your upgrade - did you
shut down Hobbit before installing the new version ? Or was it running
when you installed the new files ?

> I can't say I rememebr ever seeing this column ever appear before. Anoher
> thing is its still doing all of its alerts perfectly so I'm not sure why I'm
> getting this red msg.

This is a "panic message" that it sends when it crashes with a fatal
error. That obviously should not happen normally, which is why you
don't see this column in normal use. And also the reason why it goes
purple (it doesn't get updated).

For now, I'd suggest doing
  ~hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "drop HOSTNAME.hobbitd_alert"
to remove this column - if it shows up again we'll look at it (there
should be a core file in ~hobbit or ~hobbit/server/tmp/ to investigate).

> NB: Keep up the kick a$$ work with hobbit :)

Doing my best :-))