[hobbit] acknowledgment for a yellow alert doesn't seem to work

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Thu Apr 7 17:55:18 CEST 2005

Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> Daniel Deighton wrote:
>
>>I'm seeing a similar problem, however my issue is with a red alert.  In
>>my case, acks are hit or miss.  Occasionally, it will work, but it often
>>fails.  The apache logs show that the ack was received, but nothing
>>shows up in the acklog.
>>
>>So far I don't see a pattern.  Any ideas to test this further?
>

> I'm still trying to narrow it down myself.  I know that you have to use
> the most recent cookie/ack code, so if you get multiple pages, use the
> last one.

Seems strange, but it appears that once an alert that has been
previously acknowledged expires, an email is sent out again that has the
old ack code in teh subject.

If you wait until the next alert email, it'll have a new ack code.

If I use it via the webpage, it works again.

Just an observation.

Tom