[hobbit] acknowledgment for a yellow alert doesn't seem to work

Tom Georgoulias tgeorgoulias at mcclatchy.com
Thu Apr 7 16:09:09 CEST 2005

Tom Georgoulias wrote:

> When I try to use the ack code from the subject line to acknowledge the
> alert, it doesn't work.  Doesn't show up in ~/data/acks/acklog or on the
> web page, and using "!xxxxxx" doesn't have any effect either.
>
> Any ideas on what to check?

I've been doing more troubleshooting on this, but I still haven't
resolved it.

I've created a large test file and filled up the disk partition to 95%,
which generates a yellow alert.

Then I used this command to acknowledge the alert:

~/hobbit/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "hobbitdack 158136 10 command line
acknowledgment"

Got this entry in my data/acks/acklog file:

1112878495      158136  10      158136  np_filename_not_used
radm200p.nandomedia.com.disk    yellow  command line acknowledgment

So that worked.

Then I waited 10 mins, got my next page and tried to acknowledge it via
the web, with maint.pl.  Didn't work.

Do the cookies have a lifespan or a one-time use policy?

Tom